Sunday, November 3, 2013

Kyra's Revenge


Kyra and Sanjay are in a tiny, dark, bedroom. The only light is coming from the vanity mirror as Kyra's gorgeous face is illuminated while she puts on bright red lipstick. Sanjay begins to awaken on the king sized mattress directly behind her. He then begins to struggle as he has realized that he has been gaged and chained to the bed.

Kyra: Oh good! You're awake.

Kyra neatly closes her lipstick, wipes the corner of her mouth with a tissue, and then sits at the foot of the bed.

Kyra: I need to talk to you about something.

Sanjay begins to pull harder at the chains.

Kyra: It's no use trying to get away. I had Joseph-you remember Joseph? The guy from the gas station in Oaktown? He's so handy with all of the little knick knacks I need fixed around here. He can do anything for the right price. No questions asked. That guy is brilliant I tell ya...

Sanjay ignores Kyra and starts rattling the chains even harder.

Kyra: Uh, Sanjay, stop distracting me. If you want to be difficult about this I can be just make it harder on you.

Kyra winds a handle on the side of the bed. The chains become so taught that Sanjay is in the spread eagle position, unable to move. Sanjay screams in pain.

Kyra: See now, that's better. I know how you men tend to let your pride get in the way when it comes to listening to anyone with a pair of boobs so I just decided that this might be a little easier. Men like to make things so much tougher than they actually are. Am I right?

Kyra laughs at her own words. Sanjay looks at her with fear in his eyes.

Kyra: Oh now don't look at me that way. You can't possibly afraid of me? Or is it that you just think I'm crazy? If you are feeling the former, I applaud you, but if it's the latter, you have no idea...

Kyra slides a suitcase out from under the bed. She opens it, puts on a pair of latex gloves, and begins filling a few seringe's with different liquids.

Kyra: You probably don't remember me I'm sure. I wouldn't remember me either had I murdered a nine year old girl's parents, stolen their money, and left the country. Wouldn't you say? It's so easy to forget that people matter to other people. Forget that maybe, just maybe they don't quite deserve your cruelty? But that's kind of hard when every fiber of your being is burning with rage isn't it?

Sanjay shakes his head no in utter fear. Kyra rubs Sanjay's head gently and removes his dark hair from his face.

Kyra: There, there now, it will be alright, it won't hurt nearly as much as you think it will. 

Kyra ties Sanjay's upper arm with a scarf to find a nice vein in his arm. She injects the first dosage of liquid. Sanjay's eyes fill with tears.

Kyra: I'm sure you're sorry now aren't you?

Sanjay nods yes. She injects the second dosage.

Kyra: It's okay. It will be all over soon... You know I often wonder about my parents. What it would have been like if you didn't make my father get down on his knees in his own bedroom and blow a deep black hole through his skull.

Kyra injects the third dosage.

Kyra: I also wonder about my mom. It would have been easy to let her go, maybe have a little sympathy seeing as she was pregnant with my baby brother. She was a sweet woman. People often tell me that I resemble her, minus the gunshot wounds in my belly of course. I wonder if she would be proud of me.

Kyra injects the last dosage. Sanjay slows in movement.  He takes large slow breaths. His eyes are getting heavy. Kyra packs up her suitcase and closes the latch.

Kyra: Well, Sanjay, I guess this is good-bye. Seeing as how you are still conscious I will let you know what is happening to you. The drugs I have just administered to you come from the black market in Costa Rica. The first dosage is going to highten your senses, so everything you hear, see, and feel will be magnified. The second dosage slows muscle movement. The third dosage slows your heart and doesn't allow blood to pump through your veins and arteries, and the very last dosage should go right to  your sacrum and blow your spine apart from the inside out. 

Sanjay begins to contract his face in pain. 

Kyra: Be patient grasshopper, it is coming soon enough.

Kyra kisses Sanjay on the cheek, and walks toward the door. Without warning, Sanjay's spine blows apart and his insides are now sliding off of the bed. Kyra opens the door, closes it quietly, and proceeds to walk out of the apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment